The 7010 is the industry standard lever tumbler deadbolt widely used in correctional facilities for maximum security locking of utility access panels. This lock is also recommended for key controlled locking of electrical and plumbing access panels, roof hatches, and miscellaneous small openings within the secure perimeter of a jail or prison. The 7010 is not recommended for use on full size doors.
Both locking and unlocking is accomplished with a proprietary RRBLS paracentric type key. The key cannot be removed from the lock unless the bolt is fully extended and deadlocked. This safety feature alerts the user to an obstruction in the bolt keeper or receiver which would jeopardize security.
- Industry standard template
- Investment cast steel lock case, zinc plated
- Stainless steel deadbolt
- One piece bronze paracentric cylinder
- Bolt retracted projection 1/2”
- Bolt throw: 5/8”
- Bolt size: 1-1/2” x 3/4”
- Four mounting screws included
Accessories (must be ordered separately)
- Prison key – Investment cast bronze alloy – specify quantity of keys required
- Bolt keepers
- 7010K standard mortise
- 7010KD mortise with dust box
- 7010SA surface applied
Lock Mountings (must be ordered separately)
The access panel manufacturer usually provides a mounting plate for the 7010 lock. Otherwise RRBLS factory mountings are available for hollow metal and plate doors. They are constructed of 7-gauge steel and electroplated for corrosion resistance.
Mounting is removable for cleaning and repair of lock. Escutcheons must be purchased separately. All mounting screws are included. Consult factory directly for template of lock mountings.
- Hollow Metal Mounting (specify HM Mounting) – for use on hollow metal doors.
- Plate Mounting (specify P Mounting) – for use on steel plate doors. Allows lock to be rim mounted.